Thursday, December 9, 2010

Interlude Part 2: Musings from the Left Coast

I'm Back!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back from a interesting few days in San Diego, I have a few thoughts to share with you from my trip


Never fly Southwest, and here's why:

1. Southwest Airlines may be asking the other airlines why they hate your bags, but I'm asking them why they hate my stomach. Really? Peanuts and Lorna Doones for a 4 hour flight...

2. Snow on the Plane: Non-Fiction, my friends. When Southwest Airlines lands, for some reason they feel the need to open a back door hatch- even in Chi-Town, which was a balmy 25 degrees with a case of bad atmospheric dandruff- Thus “Snow in a Plane!”- Tyler perry wack the verdict is in-

The Verdict is In:


Officially I no longer have a “serious” problem with the term “people of color”. The beauty of seing Asian, Latino, and other “people of color” use the term in an attempt to gain solidarity with one another far outweighs any semantical argument that I may make in regard to the history of being "colored". Although I still refuse to actually use the term myself. Hey...baby steps

San Diego is not awesome, here's why


1. The weather is overrated, I experienced the coldest 70 degree day ever, thier 70 is the equivalent of an East Coast/Midwest 55.

2. The place is too clean, not cool "Toronto is like a clean New York" clean- but more like a strange post-modern experiment, where all of the interesting people have been taken away, and the really clean, punctual-boring, anti-drug and pro-life crowd hangs out-clean

Yankee Dread

PS: A real non-interlude blog is in the works...promise

No comments:

Post a Comment